Tuesday 12 February 2013

Fashion ~ FABruary so far





~ Fashion ~







FABruary is in full swing, and I am loving the challenge it presents each day.  It's certainly made me hunt through my wardrobe, and rediscover some unloved pieces of clothing and accessories that have been sitting on the shelf way too long.  

Recap below: 

Day one - Sunglasses


Easy peasy, no challenge here!

Day Two - Glitter


Much more of a challenge, the best I could manage was this sparkly strapped singlet.  I have since seen SO many awesome sparkly, glittery and metallic pieces that I would love to buy! (I have my eye on an especially
 awesome pair of metallic jeans at Country Road!).  


Day Three - Checks/Plaid


This was a massive challenge, and I hunted through my wardrobe with absolutely no success.  I decided to give up, and then realised that the bag I had happened picked to use that day fit the bill! Woo!


Day Four - Ponytail


I've done so many ponytails in my time, I thought it would be a bit of a cheat not to mix it up a bit and try something new.  I went with the braid on top/side ponytail, which was definitely a first.  I'm not sure how I felt about this look, it felt a little bit 'schoolgirl'.   But  I did do a similar style, but a bit less to the side a few days later, and I got a couple of compliments from strangers, so it must have looked OK!


Day Five - Leather



I was pretty happy with this outfit, but the leather jacket was an accessory for the photo only (it was SO hot that day!!).  I was also wearing a new-ish dress that I really like, along with a leather belt and my lovely black leather Italian handbag :-)


Day Six - Green



I went with this long-unworn green and blue sleeveless shirt from Topshop for day six. Topped off with my green handbag that was handed on to me by my mother-in-law (she has great taste!)


Day Seven -Statement Earrings



I tend to shy away from big dangly earrings lately, preferring other accessories to be the statement.  It was nice to pull these pretty ones out again after a long time in hiding.  


Day Eight - Noisy


This dare also forced me to pull something old out of the wardrobe.  What did I own that was noisy!?  I racked my brains and the best I could come up with was this long chain necklace, that jangles a bit when I walk.  I was grateful for the dare, as I realised I hadn't worn this in forever and I didn't really know why, it's a fantastic statement piece with a simple tee.  


Day Nine - Killer Heels

MASSIVE fail for me on day nine.  No effort at all was made, as all my heals are in storage, or en-route from Italy, and besides... it was a Saturday.  Without a party to attend, Saturday was a day for exercise and relaxation... not heels! 


Day Ten - Bright


I absolutely loved this day - despite the wasp sting on my cheek from the day before!  It felt really good to know that I have come so far, I would never have worn these colours 12 months ago!  I'm totally stepping out of my safe-fashion-comfort-zone, and I'm just loving it!


Day Eleven - Belted


Could have gone with many things for the 'belted' day of FABrurary, but it was easy and quick to throw on this old favourite from Zara.  


Day Twelve - Orange Lipstick



WOAH... this was totally new for me, and I'm not sure I was a fan.  Actually... I have to admit... I wiped it off before leaving the house and went and put on my lovely, safe, pinky brown lipgloss.  Sorry guys, I don't think orange lipstick is for me.  At least not this one anyhow (even though it did ACTUALLY smell like oranges!) 


That's FABruary so far..... will report back in 14 days!


2 comments:

  1. My favourite of these is the bright dare, looked great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My accessories were bargains from Target! (shhhhhh) I've realised that you can do so much to accessorise without spending a fortune. Am going to do a post soon on my favourite recent purchases :)

    ReplyDelete